Nodaway County Health Department Administrator, Tom Patterson, announces 14 individuals residing in Nodaway County, have tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
• 943 confirmed cases; 33 probable cases
• 146 active cases
• 820 released from isolation
• 41 total hospitalizations
• 2 current hospitalizations
• 10 deaths
The affected individuals include:
• 1 female and 2 males between 10-19 years of age
• 2 females and 4 males between 20-29 years of age
• 1 male between 30-39 years of age
• 2 females and 1 male between 40-49 years of age
• 1 male between 60-69 years of age
The Nodaway County Health Department is currently working to notify those that have been deemed close contacts. If you are not contacted by the health department, then you are not considered a close contact with these individuals and not at increased risk for this virus.
There is continued community transmission of COVID-19. The health department strongly urges the public to practice social distancing by maintaining six (6) feet of separation, to limit in-person interactions, and to practice good handwashing and hygiene. Please avoid touching your face. Please clean phones, devices, and contact surfaces frequently. The health department also recommends wearing a mask when social distancing cannot be achieved.