Kim Walker, elementary school assistant principal, and members of SWAT, Spoofhounds Working As a Team, provided a student showcase for the board members.
Within the meeting was the approval of the consent agenda which included agreements with UCP of Northwest Missouri for special education and education-related services for eligible children and donations from Todd and Janice Gray, a 2006 H & H 16-foot cargo trailer, and Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing Corp, Maryville plant, has donated $12,000 to be used for STEM education programs and materials at each of the school buildings.
Under the financial portion were the balance of the operating account of $10,424,315.28 and activity account of $533,520.85 as of November 30.
• The 2019 Catapult Learning summer school program, May 28 through June 25, was accepted as presented.
• The first draft of the 2019/20 school calendar was reviewed.
• The proposed renewal with Principal Life Insurance Company for 2019 life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance was approved.
During closed session, the following personnel items were approved:
• Additions to the substitute teacher list
• Resignations: Trudy Kinman, 2018/19 high school English teacher and 2018/19 speech/debate head coach at high school, effective June 30; Shirley Barnett, 2018/19 second grade teacher, effective June 30; Elaine Wilmarth, 2018/19 tech school vocational resource educator, effective June 30; Avery Bailey, 2018/19 seventh grade social studies teacher, effective June 30; Ashlee Gullion, 2018/19 elementary school paraprofessional, effective December 21, 2018; and Callie Mattson, 2018/19 part-time paraprofessional at early childhood center, effective January 14.
• Employed: Lester Keith, 2018/19 elementary school evening custodian, effective January 2; Jordan Murphy, 2018/19 youth development worker, effective December 20, 2018; Austin Shanks, 2018/19 youth development worker, effective January 14; Patipon Bunyarattaphantu, ECC part-time para/personal aide, effective December 20, 2018; Amadee Huck, 2018/19 ECC full-time paraprofessional, effective December 20, 2018; Shellby Bartlett, ECC part-time para/personal aide, effective January 11; Paige Fouts, 2018/19 elementary school paraprofessional, effective January 2; John Tiner, 2018/19 part-time AEL teacher, effective January 7.
• Supplemental assignments: Kim Walker, 2019 summer school administrator; Marcus Grudzinski, 2018/19 middle school track assistant coach.
Also in closed session, the board selected Tyson Arnold as the district’s nominee for the MSBA Belcher Scholarship and to award Tyson a $250 scholarship from the district.